This past weekend Derek, Jack and myself went back East to visit family. Our nephew, Sean, is a senior this year and a star football player so we just had to go see one of his games. It was Jack's first football game; he got antsy during the last quarter, but was so stoked to go play on the field after it was over.
We also hadn't been to New York in a while (I say a while but it's probably only been a year or two) so we were able to enjoy this time of year in the city. Friday we took Jack for his first NYC experience- filled with the Subway, Central Park, Cafe Habana, Soho, Rockefeller Plaza, and had a Lily VanDerwoodsen sighting (she is just as gorgeous in real life w/o an ounce of make up on).
*This guy was playing golf across the street with empty milk cartons- so classic!
They had two pets: Shadow the dog and Woody the cat. Jack loved having some furry friends to harass (he especially loved pulling the cats tail!)
Jack also discovered this zylophone they had buried in a closet....I think we might have a musician on our hands.
Our sister-in-law Chris is an amazing photographer and took some great photos of Jack for his (nearly) one year portraits. I can't wait to get a couple of them in frames! Here is a sneak peak of the shots: (not cropped or touched- just the raw image). Thanks for such a fun weekend!
8 Things About Me
8 Favorite TV Shows
1. Project Runway
2. So You Think You Can Dance
3. Gilmore Girls (yes I even still watch re-runs)
4. Lipstick Jungle
5. Gossip Girl
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. The Office
8 Things I did Yesterday
1. Took a nap with Jack (we got back from NYC really late last night and Jack woke up at 5)
2. Went to the gym
3. Went to the grocery store
4. Did Laundry
5. Went to the beach with Jack (yes it is 85 degrees outside on 11/17!)
6. Gave Jack a tubby
7. Caught up on some DVR shows after our weekend away
8. Had dinner over at Ty and Kathy's house
8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Thanksgiving in Utah with the family!
2. Polar Express ride on the Heber Creeper
3. Jack taking his first steps
4. Jack talking
5. Facing Jack forward in his carseat
6. Getting into the Christmas spirit with decorations and music
7. Snuggles with my two sweethearts
8. Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Stuffing
8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Bangkok Bay (Solano Beach)
2. Cafe Rio (Utah)
3. Zachary's Pizza (Berkeley)
4. Magleby's Fresh
6. Harbor House
7. Corner Bakery
8. El Torito Grill in Newport
8 Things on my Wish List
1. Shopping Spree
2. Go on one of those spa/hiking/healthy girls getaways
3. Go to Indonesia
4. Annual Paris Trips
5. More kids as happy and fun and cute as Jack
6. Take dance lessons again
7. Have a Hillsdale Home near me so I can work part time with them again
8. Having all members of the family live nearby
Halloween was so much fun this year because we had our own little munchkin to celebrate it with! We couldn't have asked for better weather, a better neighborhood, better company, and a better behaved child. Jack was such a champ...I thought for sure his teddy bear hood would have been ripped off his head right after pictures, but he kept it on all evening! We took the kids trick-or-treating in Tyson and Kathy's neighborhood via the Red Wagon. Jack loves that thing! We felt a little guilty going to the door to get candy....since it was pretty obvious that Jack wouldn't be able to consume any of it and it would all be for us. Nevertheless, we had a great time and were 3 Happy Bears. Thanks Kathy for taking our pictures while our camera is indisposed.